THE C.O.S.H.H. AWARENESS COURSE
All workplaces are required to carefully consider the effects of hazardous substances on employees under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002. This course can also be used as a valuable part of a school, or other educational program.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE.
This course is an essential entry level starting point that provides learners from all industry sectors with awareness level information regarding the recognition, classification, assessment and control of hazardous substances in the workplace.
Consists of 4 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES AT WORK
UNIT 2 – HAZARDS AND RISK
UNIT 3 – RISK ASSESSMENT
UNIT 4 – PRECAUTIONS AND PROCEDURES.
By the end of the course learners should be able to.
- Explain the reasons for conducting COSHH assessments in a work environment.
- Identify what constitutes a hazardous substance.
- Evaluate the risks arising from the use of, and exposure to, hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Learn to identify the potential risks posed by the use of hazardous substances.
- Apply suitable control strategies to help manage the risks of hazardous substances.
On successful completion of the course a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to you immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of your achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course you have taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.