THE LEVEL 1 AWARD IN HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE COURSE
The Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course offers a basic introduction to workplace health and Safety with a focus on the identification of potential hazards.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE.
The course is recommended as an integral part of an induction programme for new staff members, as most workplace accidents can be attributed to a lack of instruction or poor work practice.
This course is not the course required for a CSCS card application as in such cases a specific Level 1 construction qualification is required.
The Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course can also be used as a valuable part of a school, or other educational program.
Consists of 4 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 2 – CONTROL OF HAZARDS AND RISKS
UNIT 3 – CAUSES AND EFFECTS
UNIT 4 – COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
By the end of the course learners should understand.
- How the duties of employers contribute to a healthy and safe workplace.
- The main duties and responsibilities of employers with regard to health and safety as determined by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- How the duties of employees contribute to a healthy and safe workplace.
- Workplace welfare arrangements.
- How hazards and risks contribute to workplace risk assessments.
- The importance of workers following procedures at work.
- How to use methods for controlling risk in the workplace.
- The main causes of workplace injury.
- The main causes of workplace ill-health.
- The reasons why accidents occur.
- The effects of accidents at work,
- The need to report accidents and near misses at work.
- Safety signs and signals in the workplace.
- Sources of health and safety information in the workplace.
- The importance of workers notifying health and safety concerns to their employer.
On successful completion of the course a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to you immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of your achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course you have taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.