THE MANUAL HANDLING IN THE WORKPLACE COURSE
The Manual Handling in the Workplace Course provides the necessary information and training for individuals and organisations to understand more about the risks associated with manual handling and how to the risks and implement appropriate control measures.
Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 employers are required to ensure that all employees are trained and competent in manual handling. Manual handling accidents account for more than a third of all accidents reported each year.
This course can also be used as a valuable part of a school, or other educational program.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE.
This online manual handling training tool will benefit your company in the following ways:
- Increasing awareness of manual handling issues.
- Reducing the number accidents that occur due to poor manual handling practices.
- Providing a simple, flexible and interactive training experience for employees.
- Standardising training for all staff.
- Managing training records and reducing administration overhead.
Consists of 3 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – REASONS FOR SAFE MANUAL HANDLING
UNIT 2 – MANUAL HANDLING RISK ASSESSMENTS
UNIT 3 – PRINCIPLES, EQUIPMENT AND TESTING
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define manual handling.
- State relevant legislation.
- Describe the basic anatomy of the spine.
- Apply the principles of safe lifting when completing the practical examination.
On successful completion of the course a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to you immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of your achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course you have taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.