THE LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE FOR MANUFACTURING COURSE
UK food handlers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety under current food safety legislation.
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing course is a basic food hygiene course with approved certificate, which ensures that anyone working in an environment where food is cooked, prepared or handled complies fully with current UK legislation.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE.
This level 2 food hygiene course (formerly known as Foundation Food Hygiene or Basic Food Hygiene) is highly recommended for food handlers working in a food manufacturing, processing, assembly or food packing environment.
NO previous food hygiene training is required.
Consists of 8 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – GENERAL FOOD SAFETY
UNIT 2 – THE LAW
UNIT 3 – FOOD SAFETY HAZARDS
UNIT 4 – TEMPERATURE CONSIDERATIONS
UNIT 5 – FOOD HANDLERS
UNIT 6 – SAFE FOOD STORAGE
UNIT 7 – CLEANING
UNIT 8 – PEST CONTROL
By the end of the course learners should be able to.
- Understand the consequences of poor food hygiene standards and the benefits of a good food hygiene regime.
- Define the terms food poisoning, food safety, food-borne illness, food allergy, contamination, hazard and HACCP.
- Understand the relationship between hazard, risk and control.
- Explain the use of a documented food safety management system.
- Understand the reasons for food poisoning and recognise those most susceptible to its effects.
On successful completion of the course a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to you immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of your achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course you have taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.