THE LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE FOR MANUFACTURING COURSE
The Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing course is a basic food hygiene course, which ensures that anyone working in non food processes or with low risk foods, in an environment where food is manufactured, complies fully with current UK legislation. This entirely online course is also suitable as part of a school, college or other educational program.
The course provides comprehensive training on safe food handling techniques which ensure that staff do not pose a risk to themselves or others due to poor food safety practices.
Visiting Environmental Health Officers (EHO’s) generally require Food Handlers who are working with high risk foods,, to take a Level 2 Course in order to comply with the training requirements of the current Food Safety Act.
The estimated duration of this course is 2 hours. Candidates may log in and out of the system and therefore do not need to complete the course in a single sitting. Learner course progress is automatically saved, so that they may return to the course whenever they wish and as a result course completion is entirely in the hands of the learner.
Learners receive 90 days access to the course materials from the date of registration, therefore the course can be completed straightaway or at ones leisure. Learners receive individual login details and can access the course using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This provides learners with the flexibility to train on the go, whenever and wherever they wish and as a result provides a more economical training option for businesses small and large.
Candidates who are registered by their manger using the GROUP option will receive 90 days course access from the date an account is assigned to them, therefore allowing businesses to purchase multiple user accounts, safe in the knowledge that they will not expire until they are assigned to learners.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission, thereafter course materials can not be viewed.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE.
The Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing course provides essential training to staff who.
- handle low-risk food.
- have no previous food handling experience.
- work front of house, such as cashiers or reception staff.
- work back of house such as kitchen cleaners or dishwashers.
This course can also be used as a valuable part of a school, college or other educational programme. Furthermore the opportunity for learners to gain an instant achievement certificate is highly motivating.
Consists of 4 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – FOOD SAFETY INTRODUCTION.
UNIT 2 – FOOR WORKER HYGIENE.
UNIT 3 – WORKPLACE CLEANING.
UNIT 4 – FOOD CONTAMINATION.
Each unit consists of topics and interim quizzes which must be completed prior to progress. At each stage learners must click a ‘MARK COMPLETE‘ button to progress. This serves as a means by which course progress can be tracked and is particularly useful in situations where learners are enrolled by a manager.
The use of clearly defined Units and Topics, provides candidates with a structured framework which allows them to set achievement targets as they progress through the course. Each section of the course is marked with a green check following completion, which allows learners to leave and then easily recommence training.
On the completion of the Level 1 course learners should be able to:
- State the consequences of poor standards of food hygiene and the benefits of good standards.
- Identify common food hazards.
- Understand the individual’s responsibility towards food safety.
- Describe common symptoms of food poisoning and give examples of those people most at risk.
- State the risks to food from working with unclean hands, clothing and equipment.
- Describe the washing facilities required for good hand washing.
- Detail the methods of thorough hand washing.
- Describe the hazards associated with skin infections and the need to report them.
- Understand the importance of suitable wound dressings.
- Identify the hazards of wearing nail varnish, jewellery and perfume in a food premise.
- Describe the requirements of food handlers in reporting illnesses.
- Understand the importance of protective clothing and equipment.
- Describe how protective clothing should be cared for.
- Understand the role of cleaning in keeping food safe.
- Describe the washing facilities that should be used for food and equipment.
- Understand the importance of following instructions when using cleaning agents.
- Describe how clean and suitable cloths should be used for different tasks.
- Understand the significance of cleaning schedules.
- Describe how waste should be stored and disposed of.
- Explain the importance of reporting signs of pest infestation.
- Understand the concept of cross-contamination.
- Understand how food should be handled to prevent contamination.
- Describe the importance of time and temperature in the storage and cooking of food.
- Understand the importance of stock rotation.
- Understand the importance of following instructions and reporting any incidents that may put the safety of
food at risk.
Achievement of these course aims will provide learners and their employers with a degree of confidence that safety levels in the particular work environment have been enhanced. Additionally the receipt of an approved certificate will serve as a recognition of learner achievement and also provide proof if necessary of regulatory compliance.
HOW IT WORKS.
Click the BUY NOW button at the bottom of this page or the ADD TO CART button above to begin. We accept Individual or Multiple user registrations. Furthermore managers can purchase as an individual and then convert to a group at a later stage.
We offer multiple learner enrolment discounts, which are applied straightaway to your purchase.
For details on multiple learner course purchases click here
You may begin training straightaway. Following payment you will receive 90 days access to the course materials. You will be logged into your course straightaway and login details will also be sent instantly to your email address.
Course access is available 24/7 and for 365 days a year. Support services are available via telephone and email, and indeed you may contact us by email 24 hours a day. The system will save your course progress automatically, therefore allowing you to leave and return to the course whenever you wish.
THE FINAL TEST.
The online final exam consists of 20 multiple choice questions and has a pass mark of 80%. The final exam can be accessed straightaway after all of the course units have been completed. It does not have a time limit. During the final exam, course units cannot be accessed and therefore the exam integrity is maintained.
Free resits are available in the event that you make an unsuccessful exam submission. Candidates may return to the course and review the content before resitting the exam. Learners may resit the final exam on as many occasions as necessary to pass, as long as resits are made within the 90 day course access period. There is no additional charge for resits and therefore only a single payment is required to complete this course.
The final certificate is instantly sent to your email address in PDF format, following a successful exam submission. Thereupon your course access will cease immediately. You will receive an on-screen message confirming your result.
In the case of multiple learner enrolments, Group Leaders will instantly receive a copy of their learners certificate. Therefore providing an instant record of learner achievement.
Following successful completion of the course, a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to your email address. The CPD Certification Service is a recognised auditor of compliance courses and therefore CPD Approval can be used to provide evidence of your achievement, for the purposes of compliance and audit.
Additionally the certificate confirms that the course is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.