THE LEVEL 2 AWARD IN HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE COURSE
The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course is designed to provide employees and contractors with appropriate induction or refresher training, necessary to maintain a safe working environment within any organisation. This includes an understanding of legal responsibilities, accident prevention and an overview of some of the key areas of workplace health and safety.
Health and Safety law, states that employees and contractors of all industries should possess a basic knowledge of health and safety to ensure that workplace risks are recognised and managed effectively.
This course ensures compliance with Health and Safety legislation and is approved and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
The main aim of this course is to improve the safety f individuals and other workers by enabling them to identify and manage potential hazards in the workplace. As most workplace accidents are attributable to a lack of knowledge or carelessness, the key to improvement is an increase in awareness of all parties concerned.
This entirely online course is also suitable as part of a school, college or other educational programme.
The estimated duration of the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course is 3.5 hours. Candidates may log in and out of the system and therefore do not need to complete the course in a single sitting. Learner course progress is automatically saved, so that they may return to the course whenever they wish and as a result course completion is entirely in the hands of the learner.
Learners receive 90 days of access to the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course materials from the date of registration, therefore the course can be completed straightaway or at one’s leisure. Learners receive individual login details and can access the course using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This provides learners with the flexibility to train on the go, whenever and wherever they wish and as a result provides a more economical training option for businesses small and large.
Candidates who are registered by their manager using the GROUP option will receive 90 days of course access from the date an account is assigned to them, therefore allowing businesses to purchase multiple user accounts, safe in the knowledge that they will not expire until they are assigned to learners.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission, thereafter course materials can not be viewed.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE?
Everyone in the workplace, no matter the industry, is required to take sufficient and appropriate health and safety training. The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course is suitable for workers of all abilities and is intended as a ‘foundation’ level course, designed to maintain learners’ health and safety knowledge.
The Level 1 Health and Safety in the Workplace course is recommended for new employees who have never undertaken training in health and safety before and is also ideal as an induction programme.
This course can also be used as a valuable part of a school, or other educational programme. Furthermore, the opportunity for learners to gain an instant achievement certificate is highly motivating.
The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course consists of 5 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 2 – KNOWING THE LAW
UNIT 3 – ILL HEALTH AT WORK
UNIT 4 – SAFETY AWARENESS
UNIT 5 – WELL-BEING
Each unit consists of topics and interim quizzes which must be completed before progress. At each stage, learners must click a ‘MARK COMPLETE‘ button to progress. This serves as a means by which course progress can be tracked and is particularly useful in situations where learners are enrolled by a manager.
The use of clearly defined Units and Topics provides candidates with a structured framework which allows them to set achievement targets as they progress through the course. Each section of the course is marked with a green check following completion, which allows learners to leave and then easily recommence training.
By the end of the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course, learners should.
- State the consequences of poor health and safety standards and the benefits of good standards.
- Give common types and causes of work-related accidents and ill health.
- Give examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect health and safety.
- Understand the importance of risk assessment in maintaining a healthy safe environment.
- Outline the legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, 1974, of employers, employees and the self-employed.
- Give examples of specific safety issues covered by regulations including risk assessments, competent persons, and employee consultation.
- Briefly describes how the law is enforced, the enforcement agencies and the powers and actions available to their officers.
- State the possible consequences of non-compliance
- State the types of health hazards concerning the occupations with which they are commonly associated.
- Understand that health hazards should be risk assessed and give examples of effective control measures.
- Describe the roles of specific occupational health specialists and understand that specialised risk assessments may be required in certain circumstances.
- Appreciate the need to follow procedures and instructions, and report early signs of possible problems.
- Define the term ‘accident’ and state the reasons why accidents are recorded and the legal requirements for
- Describe the factors that contribute to slips, trips and falls in the workplace and methods to prevent them.
- Give examples of methods for improving electrical safety including portable appliance testing and visual inspection.
- State the key aspects of dealing with an electric shock.
- Describe common causes of fire and give examples of preventative measures.
- State the action to be taken in case of fire, including evacuation procedures and the safe use of extinguishers.
- Outline the welfare facilities, drinking water and rest facilities.
- State how smoking, alcohol and drugs can affect the health, safety and welfare of those at work and how
risks can be minimised.
- State the main effects of stress and give examples of how it can be reduced.
- State that incidents of violence, harassment and bullying must be reported and give examples of how
the likelihood can be reduced.
- Explain the requirement for first aid provision including an understanding of the role of an ‘appointed person’ and a ‘first aider’.
Achievement of these course aims will provide learners and their employers with a degree of confidence that safety levels in the particular work environment have been enhanced. Additionally, the receipt of an approved certificate will serve as a recognition of learner achievement and also provide proof if necessary of regulatory compliance.
HOW IT WORKS.
Click the BUY NOW button at the bottom of this page or the ADD TO CART button above to begin. We accept Individual or Multiple user registrations. Furthermore, managers can purchase as an individual and then convert to a group at a later stage.
We offer multiple learner enrolment discounts, which are applied straightaway to your purchase.
For details on multiple learner course purchases click here
You may begin the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course straightaway. Following payment, you will receive 90 days of access to the course materials. You will be logged into your course straightaway and login details will also be sent instantly to your email address.
Course access is available 24/7 and 365 days a year. Support services are available via telephone and email, and indeed you may contact us by email 24 hours a day. The system will save your course progress automatically, therefore allowing you to leave and return to the course whenever you wish.
THE FINAL TEST.
The online final exam consists of 30 multiple choice questions and has a pass mark of 80%. The final exam can be accessed straightaway after all of the course units have been completed. It does not have a time limit. During the final exam, course units cannot be accessed and therefore the exam integrity is maintained.
Free resits are available if you make an unsuccessful exam submission. Candidates may return to the course and review the content before resitting the exam. Learners may resit the final exam on as many occasions as necessary to pass, as long as resits are made within the 90-day course access period. There is no additional charge for resits and therefore only a single payment is required to complete this course.
The final certificate is instantly sent to your email address in PDF format, following a successful exam submission. Thereupon your Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course access will cease immediately. You will receive an on-screen message confirming your result.
In the case of multiple learner enrolments, Group Leaders will instantly receive a copy of their learner’s certificate. Therefore providing an instant record of learner achievement.
Following successful completion of the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course, a high-quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to your email address. The CPD Certification Service is a recognised auditor of compliance courses and therefore CPD Approval can be used to provide evidence of your achievement, for compliance and audit.