THE LEVEL 2 AWARD IN HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE COURSE
The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace course is designed to provide employees and contractors with appropriate induction or refresher training, necessary to maintain a safe working environment within any organisation. This includes an understanding of legal responsibilities, accident prevention and an overview of some of the key areas of workplace health and safety.
Health and Safety law, states that employees and contractors of all industries should possess a basic knowledge of health and safety to ensure that workplace risks are recognised and managed effectively.
This course ensures compliance with Health and Safety legislation and is approved and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
The main aim of this course is improve the safety of individuals and other workers by enabling them to identifying and manage potential hazards in the workplace. As most workplace accidents are attributable to a lack of knowledge or carelessness, the key to improvement is an increase in awareness of all parties concerned.
This entirely online course is also suitable as part of a school, college or other educational program.
The estimated duration of this course is 3.5 hours. Learners may log in and out of the system. Course progress is automatically saved.
Learners have 90 days access to the course materials from the date of registration. Learners receive individual login details and can access the course using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission.
WHO REQUIRES THIS COURSE.
Everyone in the workplace, no matter the industry, is required to take sufficient and appropriate health and safety training. This Level 2 training course is suitable for workers of all abilities and is intended as a ‘foundation’ level course, designed to maintain learners’ health and safety knowledge.
If you have new employees who have never undertaken training in health and safety before, then the Level 1 Health and Safety in the Workplace course is recommended as an induction level.
Consists of 5 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 2 – KNOWING THE LAW
UNIT 3 – ILL HEALTH AT WORK
UNIT 4 – SAFETY AWARENESS
UNIT 5 – WELL-BEING
By the end of the course learners should.
- State the consequences of poor health and safety standards and the benefits of good standards.
- Give common types and causes of work-related accidents and ill health.
- Give examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect health and safety.
- Understand the importance of risk assessment in maintaining a healthy safe environment.
- Outline the legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, 1974, of employers, employees and the self-employed.
- Give examples of specific safety issues covered by regulations including risk assessments, competent persons, and employee consultation.
- Briefly describe how the law is enforced, the enforcement agencies and the powers and actions available to their officers.
- State the possible consequences of non-compliance
- State the types of health hazard with reference to the occupations with which they are commonly associated.
- Understand that health hazards should be risk assessed and give examples of effective control measures.
- Describe the roles of specific occupational health specialists and understand that specialised risk assessments may be required in certain circumstances.
- Appreciate the need to follow procedures and instructions, and report early signs of possible problems.
- Define the term ‘accident’ and state the reasons why accidents are recorded and the legal requirements for
- Describe the factors that contribute to slips, trips and falls in the workplace and methods to prevent them.
- Give examples of methods for improving electrical safety including portable appliance testing and visual inspection.
- State the key aspects of dealing with electric shock.
- Describe common causes of fire and give examples of preventative measures.
- State the action to be taken in case of fire, including evacuation procedures and the safe use of extinguishers.
- Outline the welfare facilities, drinking water and rest facilities.
- State how smoking, alcohol and drugs can affect the health, safety and welfare of those at work and how
risks can be minimised.
- State the main effects of stress and give examples of how it can be reduced.
- State that incidents of violence, harassment and bullying must be reported and give examples of how
the likelihood can be reduced.
- Explain the requirement for first aid provision including an understanding of the role of an ‘appointed person’ and a ‘first aider’.
HOW IT WORKS.
Click the BUY NOW button at the bottom of this page or the ADD TO CART button above to begin. We accept Individual or Multiple user registrations. Furthermore managers can purchase as an individual and then convert to a group at a later stage.
We offer multiple learner enrolment discounts, which are applied straightaway to your purchase.
For details on multiple learner course purchases click here
You may begin training straightaway. Following payment you will receive 90 days access to the course materials. You will be logged into your course straightaway, and login details will instantly be sent to your email address.
Course access is 24/7. Indeed you may contact us by email 24 hours a day. The system will save your course progress automatically, therefore allowing you to leave and return to the course whenever you wish.
THE FINAL TEST.
The online final exam has a pass mark of 80%. It consists of 30 multiple choice questions. The final exam can be accessed straightaway after all of the course units have been completed. It does not have a time limit. Course units cannot be accessed during the final exam. As a result the integrity of the exam is maintained.
In the event of a fail, free resits are available. Learners may return to the course and review the content before resitting the exam.
The final certificate is instantly sent to your email address in PDF format, following a successful exam submission. Thereupon your course access will cease immediately. You will receive an on-screen message confirming your result.
In the case of multiple learner enrolments, Group Leaders will instantly receive a copy of their learners certificate. Therefore providing an instant record of learner achievement.
On successful completion of the course a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to you immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of your achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course you have taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.