FOOD ALLERGEN AWARENESS – FIRST AID AT WORK AWARENESS COURSE BUNDLE
The Food Allergen Awareness – First Aid At Work Awareness Course Bundle consists of 2 CPD Certified courses.
The principle course in this bundle is the Food Allergen Awareness course which offers learners a basic understanding of food allergen hazards and their associated risks to consumers health. The course has been designed to meet the allergen awareness requirements of the Food Information Regulations 2014. The estimated duration of this course is 1.5 hours.
The comprehensive online First Aid at Work Awareness course is appropriate for those with or without prior First Aid training. The course is meant for informational purposes only and is not designed to meet government First Aider certification requirements. The estimated duration of this course is 2 hours.
Learners have 90 days access to the course materials from the date of registration. Learners receive individual login details and can access the courses using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission.
WHO REQUIRES THE COURSES IN THIS BUNDLE.
The Food Allergen Awareness course is suitable for the induction of new staff members or for development training of existing staff members. It will enable them to understand how allergens can affect the business in which they are working and their subsequent responsibilities.
The Food Information Regulations 2014 state that all staff in a food business whether in production or administration should receive basic allergen awareness training.
The First Aid at Work Awareness course is ideal for workplace inductions and refresher training, or indeed for the training of anyone requiring knowledge of the need for efficient first aid systems and procedures in the workplace.
NO previous training is required.
The Allergen Awareness course consists of 3 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – CHARACTERISTICS AND CONSEQUENCES
UNIT 2 – IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL
UNIT 3 – COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION.
The First Aid At Work Awareness Course consists of 4 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
UNIT 2 – FIRST-AID INCIDENTS
UNIT 3 – UNCONSCIOUS CASUALTIES
UNIT 4 – INCIDENTS AND INJURIES
By the end of the Allergen Awareness course learners should.
- Identify the common symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerance.
- Recognise the importance of providing accurate allergen information and the potential implications of failing to provide correct information to consumers.
- Identify food allergen cross contamination hazards and controls at specific process steps from purchase to service.
- Identify methods of locating accurate allergen information.
- Identify common food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerance.
- Know common sources and vehicles of contamination, and appropriate hygiene controls that food handlers should follow to prevent allergenic contamination in catering businesses.
- Recognise how allergen information can be provided effectively.
By the end of the First Aid at Work Awareness course learners should understand.
- The role of a first aider.
- The legal requirements.
- Incident reporting.
- First-aid equipment.
- Minimising the risk of infection
- Primary survey of a casualty.
- How to conduct a secondary survey.
- When and how to call for help
- How to manage an unconscious casualty.
- The recovery position.
- Casualties experiencing seizure
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Common injuries.
On successful completion of each course within this bundle a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to learners immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of achievement for compliance and audit.
Each certificate confirms that the course taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.