FOOD ALLERGEN AWARENESS – HACCP AWARENESS COURSE BUNDLE
The Food Allergen Awareness – HACCP Awareness Course Bundle consists of 2 courses.
The first course in this bundle is the online Food Allergen Awareness course which offers learners a basic understanding of food allergen hazards and their associated risks to consumers’ health. The course has been designed to meet the allergen awareness requirements of the Food Information Regulations 2014. The estimated duration of this course is 1.5 hours.
The HACCP Awareness course is an entirely online course which aims to assist employers and employees in maintaining a safe workplace. UK law states that all food businesses should have a food safety management plan in place, based on the principles of HACCP. These courses are also suitable as part of a school, college or other educational programme.
The estimated duration of the constituent courses are
- Food Allergen Awareness course – 1.5 hours.
- HACCP Awareness Course – 2 hours.
Learners may log in and out of the system. Course progress is automatically saved.
Learners have 90 days of access to the course materials from the date of registration. Learners receive individual login details and can access the course using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission.
WHO REQUIRES THE COURSES IN THIS BUNDLE?
The Food Information Regulations 2014 state that all staff in a food business whether in production or administration should receive basic Food Allergen awareness training.
The HACCP awareness course is ideal for new and existing workers and ensures that all staff are aware of the seven key HACCP principles.
No previous food hygiene training is required for either course.
The Food Allergen Awareness course consists of 3 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – CHARACTERISTICS AND CONSEQUENCES
UNIT 2 – IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL
UNIT 3 – COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
The HACCP Awareness course consists of 3 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – INTRODUCTION TO FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT.
UNIT 2 – THE HACCP SYSTEM.
UNIT 3 – DEVELOPING HACCP BASED SYSTEMS.
By the end of the Food Allergen Awareness course, learners should be able to.
- Identify the common symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerance.
- Recognise the importance of providing accurate allergen information and the potential implications of failing to provide correct information to consumers.
- Identify food allergen cross-contamination hazards and controls at specific process steps from purchase to service.
- Identify methods of locating accurate allergen information.
- Identify common food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerance.
- Know common sources and vehicles of contamination, and appropriate hygiene controls that food handlers should follow to prevent allergenic contamination in catering businesses.
- Recognise how allergen information can be provided effectively.
By the end of the HACCP Awareness course, learners should be able to.
- Define the terms ‘contamination’, ‘hazard’, ‘risk’ and ‘control’ as they relate to food safety.
- Describe the nature and variety of food safety hazards and the implications of failing to control them.
- Describe typical controls for food safety hazards.
- Outline the 12-step HACCP system.
- State the legal requirements for food businesses to adopt a food safety management system.
- State the benefits of a HACCP-based food safety management system in a food business.
- Outline the prerequisites for HACCP.
- Explain the role of the HACCP team.
- State the importance of identifying the scope of hazards to be included in the HACCP plan.
- State the importance of describing the product and its intended use.
- Explain the relevance of producing a process flow diagram and the importance of its on-site confirmation.
On successful completion of each course within this bundle, a high-quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to learners immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.