LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE FOR MANUFACTURING – FOOD ALLERGEN AWARENESS COURSE BUNDLE
This Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing – Food Allergen Awareness Course Bundle consists of 2 courses.
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing Course.
- Food Allergen Awareness Course.
The principle course in this bundle is the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing Course which is a basic food hygiene course designed to ensure that anyone working in an environment where food is manufactured complies fully with current UK legislation. The course provides comprehensive training on safe food handling techniques which ensure that staff handling high risk foods do not pose a risk to themselves or others due to poor food safety practices. The estimated duration of this course is 3.5 hours.
The second course in this bundle is the Food Allergen Awareness course which offers learners a basic understanding of food allergen hazards and their associated risks to consumers health. The course has been designed to meet the allergen awareness requirements of the Food Information Regulations 2014. The estimated duration of this course is 1.5 hours.
Learners have 90 days access to the course materials from the date of registration. Learners receive individual login details and can access the course using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission.
WHO REQUIRES THE COURSES IN THIS BUNDLE.
The Level 2 food safety and hygiene for manufacturing course meets the compliance requirements of food handlers working in a food manufacturing, processing, assembly or food packing environment. Under the Food Safety Act 1990 all UK food handlers should receive appropriate training to conduct their role.
The Food Information Regulations 2014 state that all staff in a food business whether in production or administration should receive basic allergen awareness training.
NO previous food hygiene training is required.
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing course consists of 8 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – GENERAL FOOD SAFETY
UNIT 2 – THE LAW
UNIT 3 – FOOD SAFETY HAZARDS
UNIT 4 – TEMPERATURE CONSIDERATIONS
UNIT 5 – FOOD HANDLERS
UNIT 6 – SAFE FOOD STORAGE
UNIT 7 – CLEANING
UNIT 8 – PEST CONTROL
The Allergen Awareness course consists of 3 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – CHARACTERISTICS AND CONSEQUENCES
UNIT 2 – IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL
UNIT 3 – COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
By the end of the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing course learners should be able to.
- Understand the consequences of poor food hygiene standards and the benefits of a good food hygiene regime.
- Define the terms food poisoning, food safety, food-borne illness, food allergy, contamination, hazard and HACCP.
- Understand the relationship between hazard, risk and control.
- Explain the use of a documented food safety management system.
- Understand the reasons for food poisoning and recognise those most susceptible to its effects.
By the end of the Allergen Awareness course learners should.
- Identify the common symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerance.
- Recognise the importance of providing accurate allergen information and the potential implications of failing to provide correct information to consumers.
- Identify food allergen cross contamination hazards and controls at specific process steps from purchase to service.
- Identify methods of locating accurate allergen information.
- Identify common food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerance.
- Know common sources and vehicles of contamination, and appropriate hygiene controls that food handlers should follow to prevent allergenic contamination in catering businesses.
- Recognise how allergen information can be provided effectively.
On successful completion of each course within this bundle a high quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to learners immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of achievement for compliance and audit.
The certificate confirms that the course taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.