LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE FOR RETAIL – FOOD ALLERGEN AWARENESS COURSE BUNDLE
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail – Food Allergen Awareness course bundle, consists of 2 CPD Certified courses.
The first course in this bundle is the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail Course which is a basic food hygiene course designed to ensure that anyone working in an environment where food in a retail state is handled, complies fully with current UK legislation. The course provides comprehensive training on safe food handling techniques which ensure that staff handling high-risk foods do not pose a risk to themselves or others due to poor food safety practices.
The second course in this bundle is the Food Allergen Awareness course which offers learners a basic understanding of food allergen hazards and their associated risks to consumers’ health. The course has been designed to meet the allergen awareness requirements of the Food Information Regulations 2014.
The estimated duration of the constituent courses of the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail – Food Allergen Awareness course bundle are.
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail – 3.5 hours.
- Food Allergen Awareness course – 1.5 hours.
Learners may log in and out of the system. Course progress is automatically saved.
Learners have 90 days of access to the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail – Food Allergen Awareness course bundle materials from the date of registration. Learners receive individual login details and can access the courses using any device, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Course access ceases immediately following a successful final exam submission.
WHO REQUIRES THE COURSES IN THIS BUNDLE?
The Level 2 food safety and hygiene for Retail course meets the compliance requirements of food handlers working in a food retail environment. Under the Food Safety Act 1990 all UK food handlers should receive appropriate training to conduct their role.
The Food Information Regulations 2014 state that all staff in a food business whether in production or administration should receive basic Food Allergen Awareness training.
No previous food hygiene training is required.
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail course consist of 8 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – FOOD SAFETY IN GENERAL
UNIT 2 – FOOD LAW
UNIT 3 – FOOD HAZARDS
UNIT 4 – TEMPERATURE
UNIT 5 – FOOD HANDLER CONSIDERATIONS
UNIT 6 – STORING FOOD SAFELY
UNIT 7 – CLEANING CONSIDERATIONS
UNIT 8 – CONTROL OF PESTS
The Food Allergen Awareness course consists of 3 core units, concluded by a final exam:
UNIT 1 – CHARACTERISTICS AND CONSEQUENCES
UNIT 2 – IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL
UNIT 3 – COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
By the end of Level 2, Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail course learners should be able to.
- Understand the consequences of poor food hygiene standards and the benefits of a good food hygiene regime.
- Define the terms food poisoning, food safety, food-borne illness, food allergy, contamination, hazard and HACCP.
- Understand the relationship between hazard, risk and control.
- Explain the use of a documented food safety management system.
- Understand the reasons for food poisoning and recognise those most susceptible to its effects.
By the end of the Food Allergen Awareness course, learners should.
- Identify the common symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerance.
- Recognise the importance of providing accurate allergen information and the potential implications of failing to provide correct information to consumers.
- Identify food allergen cross-contamination hazards and controls at specific process steps from purchase to service.
- Identify methods of locating accurate allergen information.
- Identify common food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerance.
- Know common sources and vehicles of contamination, and appropriate hygiene controls that food handlers should follow to prevent allergenic contamination in catering businesses.
- Recognise how allergen information can be provided effectively.
Achievement of these course aims will provide learners and their employers with a degree of confidence that safety levels in the particular work environment have been enhanced. Additionally, the receipt of an approved certificate will serve as a recognition of learner achievement and also provide proof if necessary of regulatory compliance.
On successful completion of each course within the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail – Food Allergen Awareness course bundle, a high-quality CPD Certified certificate will be sent to learners immediately, by email. This can be used to provide evidence of achievement for compliance and audit. Each certificate confirms that the course taken is recognised by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. Our certificates have unique certificate numbers which can be verified.